Monday 21 January 2013

January Week 4: A Quotation


Hello everyone. My name is Lynne, known also as Scrapping Nana.

This week it is my turn to give you a challenge.

I am going to give you a quotation and during the week you have free choice to journal, take photos daily or whenever you want to in the week.   
Link your photos and journaling to the theme of the quotation


A bit about the man Paulo Coelho, whom I have taken the quotation from this week.
Wikipedia: Paulo Coelho was born in Brazil in Aug 1947. He is a Brazilian lyricist and novelist. He has become one of the most widely read authors in the world today. He is the recipient of numerous prestigious international awards, amongst them the Crystal Award by the World Economic Forum and France's Légion d'honneur
Coelho also writes up to three blog posts a week at his blog  www.paulocoelhoblog.com

Here is the quotation

“There are 3 things that a child can teach an adult
To be happy for no reason
To be always be busy doing something
And to know how to demand – with all one’s might- what one wants”    ~ Paulo Coelho

My questions to you
What makes you happy?  Are you ever happy for no reason? Why?
What are you busy doing this week?
What do you want, wish for? Are you good at demanding what you want like children do?


I hope you can manage to take photos showing what makes you happy, being busy and desire or wish for.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with from this interesting quotation this week. I now have to do this challenge myself!! 
Don’t forget to show us by linking below to your blog

Lynne xx (aka Scrapping Nana)




22 comments:

  1. What a brilliant challenge, looking forward to trying to complete this one. Thank you Lynne. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for liking it and look forward to what you come up with xxx

      I now have to put my thinking cap on too

      Delete
  2. Interesting challenge Lynne and one I think I can fit into one of my art journal pages rather than taking a photo if thats okay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to seeing your art journal page and thank you for UKS challenge this week, I AM INSPIRED!!

      Delete
  3. Good choice, Lynne, I love Paulo Coelho. Let's see what I can come up with !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge Lynne. My brain is already working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent challenge Lynne, I love the idea of looking for the positives and celebrating them :)

    Thanks for sharing the links. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great prompts for this week. Will join in later. thanks Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lynne for the great theme and the questions.
    Excellent challenge!
    /Lynne - thanks for that - now I have the exact translation of this quote in English!/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, it says i can not access your blog- something about not having permission :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't permission too!
      ---
      Helen, Go up where she had left a comment -
      example Kathio blog,
      press "kim"
      then
      "Kim's Year in photos"

      Delete
    2. I don't have pemission either Kim

      Delete
    3. I don't have permission either :(

      Delete
    4. I have no problem, strange !

      Delete
    5. Happens to me too, no permission.

      Delete
    6. For Kim's blog - use it:
      http://kims366.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  9. I still can't link my blogs after my initial one. I keep getting the message that my URL already exists and it doesn't seem to matter if I put a number after my name. I see that others are not having that problem since they have multiple links there. This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, I believe the reason you can't link twice is because you link to your blog and not to your specific entry of the day. I had the same problems before. Once you have written something and you published it, go to January and find the title "More on what makes me happy" for example for today. Then click on it. Then in your Browser, copy that link and put it somewhere else to link, together with your first name and a number and it will work. For example what you need to link today is this :
      http://jcrowell50.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/more-on-what-makes-me-happy.html

      I believe what you are trying to link and doesn't work is this :

      http://jcrowell50.blogspot.co.uk/

      Good luck.

      Delete
    2. Anne think you might be right, off to blog a new page and try again :)

      Delete
  10. Sorry Joyce, not an expert I just added numbers after may name in the second box!!!!

    ReplyDelete