Monday 15 April 2013

Nostalgia Challenge.. Name that Tune!

Hi everyone, a nice uplifting one this week I hope. For me this follows on nicely after Anne's focus on how we deal with vulnerable days... I have just finished my offering and was listening to music as I wrote, some lovely Cat Stevens tracks and that brings me to my challenge for this week..

Tell us about the music which features in your memories..those songs which when they come on TV or the radio we are transported back to a time and place in our lives..

I was at Uni and there were a couple of songs I always think of .. Oliver's Army and Girl's Talk, oh and Crazy Little Thing called Love. 

They were 'my songs' and so much so that one day an old friend heard the tracks on TV from one of those oldies shows..

... proper feel good stuff!

 




So my Blog Friends Forever, share with us this week some of the music which has charted your journey..here are a few suggestions, not set in stone you may have your own..

  • Nursery Rhymes , songs & childhood games 
  • Teenage favourites.. teen heart throbs and broken hearts!
  • Songs which denote an era in your life
  • Love Songs,
  • Special moments .. happy or sad
  • Feelgood Music
... the possibilities are endless so go get your favourites head on and tell all.. K xx

I will add our linky pal below:


19 comments:

  1. Thank you very much, dear Kathy - great start to the new week!
    Monday will be a happy day after this video! I took my spoon a good mood!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Borqna, I haven't been around much for a week or two so look forward to catch up.. K xx

      Delete
  2. Oh dear I have so many I hopefully could be doing a lot of blogging this week :) Thanks Kathi. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I surely need to get back on the blogging horse, so here goes! xx

      Delete
  3. Great idea Kathi :)

    I am hoping that I can join in this week! I still want to do Anne's as well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have only missed one week and a few views but April isn't over yet..

      Delete
  4. So good you come after me in the month so everybody (including me) can have a nice break during your week, LOL. That's a lovely idea for a challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I really like how the weeks grow from one to another, hope we all get some good tracks of our years this week..

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this challenge, but sadly I am going to find this difficult as I am not a music person, never had records as a teenager and rarely listen to music except what DH plays ALL the TIME!!!! but guess I will find something to blog eh!!! or should I let karen blog for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Lynne, maybe there are some special songs you used to sing your boys, or games with songs you played in school.. I always loved 'the big ship sails through the Alley-alley-O'...or perhaps hymns which have a special memory..all the seafaring ones touch my heart as dad was a fisherman.. x

      Delete
  6. Is the linky thing messed up or is it the way my computer is loading the website? No pictures last week and now all I see is the actual URL for each persons blog site. Anybody else experiencing this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy,
      yes, it's normal, we got a small problem with the linky but it should be back to normal next week. xx

      Delete
  7. There is definitely something wrong with the linky, but if I try to repair, I fear it would delete all the links. Sorry, please bear with us until next week. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one has made me put my memory hat on, its so much fun, thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't posted yet but I'm on the job. Music played an important part of my growing up and up to my 40's. I hadn't realised how little I listen to music these days so you have given me a tap on my shoulder. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the linky thing, it is always hard to make a choice to go change something in case you lose what you lovely people have already linked in.. thank you all for your offerings, it has been great to hear about the tracks of your years .. Kathi xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry it's taken me a while to get going KathiJo. This week has brought back so many lovely memories for me but I'll have to carry on next week.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've realised my blog hasn't appeared but Inky linx says it has so I don't know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a brilliant challenge this week, as you may have gathered you hit a cord with me!! Might even turn it into a monthly thing on my blog :). Hope I haven't bored everyone or taken over too much!! Sorry if I have. xx

    ReplyDelete