Monday 1 April 2013

The View Challenge: April.

Happy Easter :)

So, it's that time again! It's your view photos we want to see this week.
As usual there is the main view challenge, the kitchen window challenge and your neighbourhood challenge. I will add the linky's as I add the prompts through the week.

I am using as the theme the lovely Sara Coleridge poem The Months and it goes a little something like this:

The Months
January brings the snow,
makes our feet and fingers glow.

February brings the rain,
thaws the frozen lake again.

March brings breezes loud and shrill,
stirs the dancing daffodil.

April brings the primrose sweet,
scatters daisies at our feet.

May brings flocks of pretty lambs,
skipping by their fleecy dams.

June brings tulips, lilies, roses,
fills the children's hand with posies.

Hot July brings cooling showers,
apricots and gillyflowers.

August brings the sheaves of corn,
then the harvest home is borne.

Warm September brings the fruit,
sportsmen then begin to shoot.

Fresh October brings the pheasants,
then to gather nuts is pleasant.

Dull November brings the blast,
then the leaves are whirling fast.

Chill December brings the sleet,
blazing fire, and christmas treat.

Sara Coleridge

There has been lots of snow across the country it even settled a big lump over the top of North Devon, so I hope Spring really is around the corner. 
I will try and check in every day but I have a heavy workload schedule this week and of course the children are home too, oh and not to mention we are decorating the lounge!
Have a great week everyone :) I am not quite sure which day I will get out to take the main view challenge but I am betting next Sunday! Here is one of the snow.






9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I hope you have had a nice one :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Sorry you seem so busy these days :( hope workload at work and home eases soon for you!
    Think I may take my view today as the sun is out and at last the daffodils are starting to open out too.
    I promised my self to get March's LO done but alas I will now be doing it in April!

    Happy Easter Monday and April's Fool's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne, that is kind of you especially when I haven't joined in with your challenge...yet!
      Yes, Happy Easter to you too :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I've still got February and Marches lay out to do. I'm afraid there is little change in my main view so I might expand it a little further this week - just for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need to do them at all Viv, if you get time great but please don't worry :) I look forward to seeing a different view then :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I like very much Lynne's comment -
    Happy Easter Monday and April's Fool's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Viv and Lynne were interested in the wild garlic. There is a really good guide to eating 'weeds' or wild plants in this month's Land Love Magazine. My plan is to eat my weeds rather than kill them this year!!

    ReplyDelete