Monday 9 September 2013

Let's reflect Challenge : September

Hello everybody,

don't we have a gorgeous weather this summer ?  

Sunshine, sunshine and again sunshine.

The only week it rained was the one I was on holidays, LOL. Ah it didn't matter (too much), we still had a lot of fun.

Well, actually preparing my posts in advance as always, the weather has kind of changed now, must cooler and humid. It has been pouring down yesterday.

Let's continue our little trip through the word LINING. Today we reached the letter N and the word I chose will probably surprise you. I selected it because it's a fun word, mostly very affectionate and caring and also it will give us an occasion to learn a bit more about each other again. 

Our word this month is : 

NICKNAME

According to our Friend Google  :

Nickname  : A familiar or humorous name given to a person or thing instead of or as well as the real name.

So may be you are going to be brave and tell us your nickname or the one you had when you were young, or may be you will do so for your partner, your kids, your pets, or something that belongs to you, like your car, or a piece of garment, or your first toy . . . the choice is yours.

This week, we are going to surprise each other with these stupid silly names that normally hardly make sense to anybody excepted to the person who gave it or received it but one thing I am convinced of, it's going to be fun.

Let me be the first and reveal some of my deep secrets. I will start with my step kids. When I first met David, he was 5 and a bit and I immediately nicknamed him "Einstein", I really don't know why. He of course immediately asked who Einstein was, LOL and after a long explanation, he was pretty pleased with the comparison. This nickname followed him until he was 18 or so.

As of Sophie, she was around 4 when I met her, cute as a bug and she received the nickname "Little Monkey". She was always moving quickly and smiling at me like she was up to some secret nonsense.  

During the week, I will tell you about the other nicknames which crossed my path. . . 

If you have a bit more spare time and would like a photo challenge, here we are: This week, take photos of things or people whose names only start with one of the letters we already used in this challenge : S, I, L, V, E, R or N. There are 7 letters for 7 days. You can do in any order you want.

My first photo is with R (for Rhea)



Take care everybody, Anne xxx
 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely challenge, will do my best to participate this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, looking forward to your entry, xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks Anne.xx Like this week's challenge, can do nicknames in fact have a CJ (circle journal) with names including mine will have to scan my pages :)

    Like the challenge for photos of those letters, not may peeps with those so may be doing things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous, Lynne. Let's what you will show us ! xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Anne, that's a nice prompt, quite unusual and will be interesting to see what everyone says. I really do hope to be about this week but we are off to the States Saturday for a week, had no broadband last week for a day or so, I am inundated with old work and new, oh yeah and I have to pack! ( What is the weather like in Washington mid-September by the way!)

    I will put my post for next week at the top of my To Do list, send love to all and hope I can get my posts up to date this week.. love K xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I did remember you are off soon. Washington in September is pretty mild, but count on those occasional strong showers. Have fun. xxx

      Delete
  4. Thanks Anne for this challenge. I will have to trawl my memory banks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a shame the weather was bad for the week you went away.
    That is a lovely photo of Rhea, she looks so alert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viv, that's En gland I guess, LOL. xxx

      Delete